Wow that is a mouthful! But I hope that if you make this it will be a pleasant one. I am not good at naming things, so we’ll leave it at that.
Marsha took out a big package of boneless chicken breasts. I did not give it much thought until a little after noon when I figured I should come up with a nice dish. We have tons of chicken recipes but I really wanted to do something with fruit and I decided I would just wing it. I took a trip to the farmers market nearby and got a couple of mangos, some peaches, scallions, cilantro, a jalapeno and some limes. Here is what I came up with. Enjoy
4 nice sized boneless chicken breasts
2 T Pampered Chef Citrus Basil rub
¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Mango, diced
3 large peaches, 1 ½ peeled and diced (save the rest for salad which follows)
½ large red bell pepper, diced
1 Jalapeno, diced
small bunch of cilantro
1. In a small bowl mix the juice of 1 ½ limes, the Citrus Basil Rub and the oil. Mix well.
2. Clean the chicken breasts and place in a Ziploc bag. Add the marinade and squeeze out the air. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Place the mango, the diced peaches, the pepper and the jalapeno in a large bowl.
4. Chop the cilantro and add to the fruit.
5. Add the juice of the rest of the limes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
6. Take the chicken out of the marinade and discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken until done.
7. Serve the chicken with the mango peach salsa. Server with salad and dressing below.
1 Boston Lettuce, cleaned and torn into small pieces
1 ½ large peaches, sliced
2 Scallions, chopped
Place everything in a bowl and dress with Raspberry Vinaigrette below
This is based on a Raspberry Vinaigrette from Pampered Chef
¼ Cup of raspberry vinegar
1 T seedless raspberry preserves
½ T sugar
salt and pepper
½ Cup or more of canola oil
Mix all well.
If anyone makes this, please let me know what you think!